Friday, September 16, 2011

More flaps!!!

Last time I finally mounted the flap surfaces, and was trying to figure out linkage. I think I got it, using 1.2 mm wire and some clever bends. Yesterday I also started the ducted fan mounting, which means we are right on track for a test flight! I was too busy to work on the fuselage or gear, but hopefully soon. I will be placing an order for the motors and escs soon, and voila! She should be getting air! I'm trying to find a good deal on a spektrum dx6 or dx7 for the model memory and adjustability. We will see.

After I finish the flaps, next will be the foam shaping and covering of the wings. I think I should wait for the engine nacelles until after her test flight. Also the nose fine-tuning, and painting will be last of course.

I will also be taking the piper out next week for some fun, I will post a pic of that of course. See ya again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, is this model going to be 4 sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, fabulous, super and very professional looking.result of the project?

    ReplyDelete