Tuesday, September 13, 2011

FLAPS!!!!

I finally had time today to work on the plane. This week has been difficult, but I have squeezed in a little bit of time at least. The other day I was able to hinge the nose with plywood and screws. It hinges up and back, hopefully able to be motorized later. I tested all the electronics in the wing again, and today I started building the flaps into the wing. The flap system I set up initially was too complicated, so I worked on a solution that would be cost and weight friendly. So I chucked the handmade flaps and fowler style hinges, and went with a simple hinge and aileron stock for the surfaces. It seems to work well, and I am about 35% done so far. I have compromised on alot, enabling me to finish the model first with full basic functionality, then cut back into it later to snazz it up (like adding strobes, retracting and folding landing gear, motorized nose, built in camera system, and so on). Right now I will keep standard landing gear, and hopefully save up enough money for the dx7 transmitter coming out! In the meantime, here are some progress pics!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment