Friday, September 2, 2011

Almost ready for testing!!!!

I have been able to do a little bit more lately, starting with the landing gear. I removed the incorrect landing gear straps and replaced them with the Du-Bro gear blocks. now bind-free operation!

Next, I mounted 8 of the 14 axles to be permanent to the fuselage. the rear 6 axles will turn, eventually:

I also painted the turning MLG axles:
Nose hinge mounting continues:
Now BIG progress: i have finished the vertical stabs!!! Here they are waiting to dry and to be mounted, complete with servo horns:
Next I will finish the nose mounts, the rest of the landing gear assebly, and tackle the foam on the wings to prepare for our next challenge: the GLIDE test!!!

Also, I just ordered 2 5000mAh 40c lipo batteries (3s) for this beast from http://www.hobbyking.com . that should keep 6 motors happy enough! (I hope). all I need to order now are ESC's and motors =).

No comments:

Post a Comment