Friday, September 9, 2011

Finally an (almost) official weight!!!

So according to my calculations and a small postage scale, I have figured an approximate 9.5 -10.5 lbs MTOW so far. I will calculate wing surface area later. Today I finally finished up all the wing wiring, except for the esc. Those will be done later. I ran the 2-12 ga. power cables, and hooked up the wing for a quick POST. All is well!

I also received my battery packs the other day. 2 zippy 40c 5000 mAh 3s2p cells, and I lobbed off the power connectors to solder on the eflite giant connectors. Man those things are a bear. Just a word of advice, don't get any solder on the outside of the terminal, or else they will not go into the housing.

On a side note I made a charging harness to charge 3 of my eflite 1s 120mah batteries at the same time. Now I can stay out at the field all day!


More pics soon, gotta get to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment