Friday, August 19, 2011

Some Wing Work....

So today I did alot. I started filing down the tail sections I completed yesterday, and started filling in cracks with lightweight spackling paste. I am going to look for a better filler paste, more flexible and easier to apply.
Afterwards i took the wing inside and worked on putting in the aileron and flap servos, and running some preliminary wires for the servo extension harnesses. I glued some temporary aileron control horns, which will be removed and re-attached later once the test flights are completed, and the plane is covered.
Lastly I finished up the elevators with some depron covering, and sandwiched 2 carbon fiber rods between the layers of foam to keep the elevators from bowing.


I will start the next step with trimming the foam on the wings, and adding as I go. what I have left in the near future is:

Landing gear and linkages

elevator linkage (might change to a braided wire, not sure)

nose hinging and lock

servo access panels on tail, wings, and nose.

mounting the 6 EDF fan units and shaping/mounting of the jet nacelles.


That should be it for now, I will see you all on Tuesday!!! (Monday if i am lucky)

No comments:

Post a Comment