Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aft section almost complete!

So today I finished foaming up the tail section, installing electronics, servos and extensions, and finally set the last piece of foam in place. this means I can work on the vertical stabs, since there will not be any complicated rigging in the way. I have been shaping alot of foam while listening to different books of Harry Potter, and I have noticed a few things...

First, I am using 3 digital servos for nosegear/elevators, and 2 analog servos for Rudder. I powered up what I have connected so far without any linkage connected, and found some buzzing of the servos. this doesnt concern me much, but today I also noticed the 2 cheepy-cheep servos I put in the tail for rudder control are chattering and not centering properly. I will test some more before i tape them in, but in the meantime pics!

This was the wing sections all together waiting for wingtips
Wings, wingtips, and a CF rod about to be embedded in the foam

Fiberglass tubes (heli pieces) being attached with gorilla glue.
Yay today!!! Finally finished filling in foam for the aft section.  This makes the tail almost completely filled in! just need to cut servo access doors and make new vertical stabs, and I am set to finish up the wing!


No comments:

Post a Comment