Thursday, August 11, 2011

So what has started essentially from a skeleton of pure foam core posterboard has, over a year later, become a radical combintion of many materials such as balsa, florist's foam, styrene foam, fiberglass and carbon fiber rods, and ALOT of patience. The end result hopefully will be a scale replica of the Antonov AN-225 monstrosity. at almost a 10 ft. wingspan the scale is actually on a "micro" definition when compared to similar models. I have determined it to be 1/27 scale, and so far she weighs in at a whopping 4.2 pounds, including 4 servos installed already. alot of this weight will e shed as I scrape off chunks of foam, and wood used for structure. Since I am only using 4 64mm edf fans for the propulsion of this project, i need it to be as light as humanly possible, also considering she has 32 wheels, 6 engines, minimum calculations require 3 lipo batteries, and 6 servos minimum.



I will post as I go, but be warned I cannot fully catch everyone up in one furious session. I will reminisce as i go, posting facts from past experiences with a hint of "If I knew then what I know now".
This is what she looks like now, and as we speak the glue is drying on a brace for the elevator and rudder servos. more pictures to come shortly, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment